Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The theory of "Pain is Beauty!"

I dont know why but at times I feel drawn to suffering, the urge to carry a burden with someone, to cry and express pain at what seems terrible in the world. I have NEVER watched the show Private Practice, but seriously the commercial for tonight's episode just drew me right in (plus, it was after Dancing with the Stars). During the show a character is pregnant and gets devastating news about her unborn child. And honestly, in the past year I have heard of so many woman, loved by God, going through similar real-life situations. Some of them will read this blog, my heart has ached for you ladies, I sit in tears at the thought of your sufferings (like I said, I am kinda drawn to those feeling of pain). I want to walk the path with people who are hurting, not because I want a good excuse to cry, but because I have a deep inner desire to help lighten the burden. I want to see Joy in their eyes, even just for a moment, though the circumstances seemingly would suppose itself joyless. I want to see Joy because it is hope, Joy is beyond simple happiness, in fact it is so far beyond happiness that the two are not even to be considered the same. Joy is hope that despite so much has hurt and at the point of hurt, one is dwelling in pain, that in same dwelling place can be moments of good again, moments of true Joy. When pain hits, we wonder if we can ever have goodness and happiness in our lives again; but I tell you Joy can exist in the midst of pain. I have been in low places, and if I could put into proper words the experience of the beauty those moments gave me...well, I just, I just cant. But I remember looking at heaven and talking to the One who is creator and His overwhelming presence made me smile. Oh that overwhelming moment - Pain is Beautiful sometimes, Beautiful Joy.

Phil 4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. What a tremendous sentiment; you are unique among humans I think. Most of us tend to shy away from others' pain. God bless you and keep you.

    X

    ReplyDelete